Virtual Heiva Competition
Soloists must participate within their age category with a level from Intermediate to Advanced.
MUSIC WILL BE PROVIDED BY JULY 17TH
- 6-9 Intermediate & Advanced
- 10-14 Intermediate & Advanced
- 15-17 Intermediate & Advanced
- 18-24 Intermediate & Advanced
- 25-34 Intermediate & Advanced
- 35+ Intermediate & Advanced
- VIDEOS NEED TO BE CAPTURED IN LANDSCAPE MODE AND NOT IN PORTRAIT MODE. PLEASE BE SURE DANCER IS VISIBLE AT ALL TIMES FROM HEAD TO TOE. IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE PLEASE REFER TO OUR VIDEO TITLED, “HOW TO SHOOT MY VIRTUAL SOLO”
- MINIMIZE BACKGROUND ITEMS
- NO BACKLIGHTING OR GLARE
- NO OTHER INDIVIDUALS SHOULD BE IN THE VIDEO EXCEPT THE DANCER
- HAS TO HAVE A CLEAR VISION OF THE DANCER. HANDS AND FEET SHOULD NOT BE CUT FROM THE FRAME DURING THE DANCE
- SOLO BEAT IS ASSIGNED TO SPECIFIC AGE CATEGORIES. YOU CANNOT SWITCH SOLO NUMBERS OR SOLO BEATS
- NO CUTTING. NO EDITING. NO FILTER. THE FRAME CANNOT BE MOVED THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE RECORDING
- **IMPORTANT** ONCE YOU START RECORDING PLEASE ALLOW 4-6 SECONDS BEFORE YOU START MUSIC AND ALLOW 4-6 SECONDS AFTER MUSIC STOPS BEFORE YOU END RECORDING
- WHEN SUBMITTING YOUR VIDEO PLEASE MAKE SURE TO COMPLETE ALL THE INFORMATION REQUESTED ON THE ONLINE VIDEO SUBMISSION FORM. VIDEO SUBMISSIONS THAT DO NOT COMPLY WITH OUR GUIDANCE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR ADVANCING INTO THE FINAL ROUND. PLEASE FOLLOW THE GUIDELINE
- COSTUME CRITERIA: WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO BE CREATIVE:
- VAHINE MUST WEAR PLAIN PAREO TIED TO THE SIDE OF THE HIP / NO HIP ADORNMENTS OR HAND-HELD ITEMS ARE ALLOWED
- TANE MUST WEAR A PLAIN OR POLYNESIAN PRINT, TIHERE OR MARO STYLE PAREO / NO HIP ADORNMENTS OR HAND-HELD ITEMS ARE ALLOWED
Coming Soon – Applications will be accepted July 17th through July 28th.
Prizes will include Heiva merchandise such as pareos and t-shirts. More to come!
1. VIRTUAL VIDEO COMPETITION
This year, due to the pandemic, the competition is through video!
2. SUBMIT APPLICATIONS: July 17th to 28th
Application will be open for contestants for a two week period We have reduced the entry fee to $20 this year. Please see the application link below and be sure to read rules and regulations for this year's competition. Countdown to Application period ...
3. COMPETITION LIVE STREAM: August 8th and 9th
Qualifying entrants will have their videos streamed on a live feed. More details to come!